Tuesday, December 18, 2007

So burn me at the stake if it may help

The matra in my community: common ground, fitting in, same goals, one vision.
"We all want to fit in. It is is part of our obvious need to be loved” my
friend says matter-of-factly without paying heed to what it could all mean.
At the community art exhibition I smile and congratulate artists who really
should stop painting and I congratulate myself on surviving all the hypocrisy.
I am yet to discover what was so moving about dull paintings of still sunflower fields.

Why O why the Conflicts in the Community?
There no escaping the fact. The middle class/system unconscious snobbery is a big part of Takilma conflicts. Multiple stories pour their way inside my heart while I, with the distinct feeling that leaving is not the worst that can happen to any one, just take them in and breathe. But I become polluted like a lovely cloud passing over Cairo and instead of carrying water, it now carries soot. The best description is probably a walking volcano, that can erupt anytime and anywhere! But I don't want to ignore the fact that unfortunately I belong to the species of The Naturally Pissed Off!

I am who I am. So if I have to be burnt at the stake, I will make sure to have a grand exit. There is no grace in silence. There is no virtue in denying pain. I like to think it takes a lot to murder my spirit. But just in case...I'll make sure it looks like a lot.

No comments: